Fourteen years ago, when the much sought-after French fashion house, Lanvin, was going through a difficult time in keeping up with the then-recent exploding internet exposure and ‘fast fashion’, it was creative director Alber Elbaz that transformed the face of the fashion house. Today, after 14 years of changing history, the star designer has parted ways with the French fashion giant! Here’s a look at some of the major achievements of Alber Elbaz – the man and the legend!
- Born in Casablanca, Morocco, Alber moved to his Israel in his youth! The move and the subsequent exposure to varying cultures left a strong impact on his mind that can be witnessed in his creations!
- He worked with Geoffrey Beene for seven years before moving on to Gucci, subsequently Saint-Laurent and then to Lanvin, where the creative genius was encouraged and soon promoted to the rank of ‘creative head’.
- Elbaz can be credited with creating a unique line of clothing for women with the tag ‘prêt-à-porter’ (ready-to-wear)!
- He was the first to introduce tulle neck embellishments in dresses, that later, made way to many new styles and trends of the no-necklace-necklines!
- He invented the ribbon-implanted zippers for dresses, tops and more that later made way for the more sophisticated hidden zippers!
The creative mastermind that he is, he spearheaded a number of new projects and can be credited with launching a number of new styles! When it comes to dressing stars, he is the man behind Kim Kardashian’s famed teal blue belted number during the 2014 Met Gala as well as Claire Danes vibrant yellow gown during the 2012 Emmys, Emma Stone’s crystal-embellished black jumpsuit for the 2015 Golden Globes and most recently Allison William’s shimmering metallic column gown during the 2015 Fashion Group International Night of Stars Gala.
A man of many talents, Alber Elbaz recreated the magic of fashion with a fierce love that can be matched by few others! Pay your tribute to this master craftsman and his styles with a choicy pick from Gap! Shop now and grab a cool 40% off with Gap online coupons. Plus, you can also get your purchase shipped to you for free when you shop for $75 or more. Just enter the Gap coupon code HOLIDAY at checkout to avail this offer. Hurry, this offer ends on November 11, 2015.