Karl Lagerfeld returned to the ‘City of Lights’ this year to showcase a nature-inspired haute couture collection for Chanel featuring exotic wedding gowns, short cropped cocktail gowns, swoon-worthy and seductive red-carpet gowns, and a silhouetted look for men. Here are five exciting moments from the show…
- The very concept of the show was all-green; to keep up with the designer’s theme, an elaborate faux-garden was put up at the Grand Palais complete with blue skies, green garden-inspired walkway-runways and a central wooden house that can only feature in the dreams garden lovers!
- Model Cara Delevingne, who didn’t walk the show this time, raised enough eyebrows when she sat front-row with her dog. This would mark the first time when a pet was allowed to accompany a guest on the front row!
- All models who walked the show sported the trademark ‘Chanel croissant’ – a crafty hair do with not a single loose strand; And, a unique eye make-up – two elongated strokes of eyeliner extending all the way and cradling each eye.
- Each of the model’s outfits was accessorized with a belt that came outfitted with a cute fabric pouch – perfect for your iPhones!
- And, for the grand finale, the models were posed at different levels of the central wooden house which had been opened up to reveal the designer, Karl Lagerfeld, walk down with the model who was wearing his bridal couture gown!
With power-packed performances and enough drama, both on and off the ramps, this year’s Chanel’s show at the Paris Fashion Week was a thing of dreams!
To grab your own dream dress, shop at Gap before January 31, 2016, and avail an exciting 35% discount on men and women’s styles when you shop using Gap online coupons. Just enter the Gap coupon code FORYOU at checkout to avail this offer. Hurry!