Finding your signature look is easy; just try out all the variations you already own and come up with the pieces that make you look great! Forget about personal preferences here! Another way to find your signature style is to use a professional stylist, but given that it can be an expensive proposition, you can use the service of a sales assistant to help you find a style that suits you best! And, once you find your signature style, repeat it! Often! At least that’s what Taylor Swift did during the 2016 Grammys held on February 15, 2016!
The country singer wore a colorblocked strapless crop top and slit skirt combo from Atelier Versace along with strappy silver heels from Stuart Weitzman; bright red lipstick, a short bob and a beautiful choker necklace completed her on-point Grammys’ style for 2016! Last year, during the Grammys, the singer had opted for an Elie Saab colorblocked blue gown with purplish-pink strappy heels and a matching clutch!
Here’s what’s interesting about her outfits from the 2015 and 2016 Grammys:
- For one, both the outfits were colorblocked! While this year’s number featured a hot pink skirt and a cutesy bandeau crop in orange-red, last year’s dress was a fusion of teal blue and bright blue!
- Both the outfits had super-long daring slits that would give Angelina Jolie, the master of all side slits, a run for her money!
- The 26-year old signer even went on to ensure that both times, her skirt featured the exact type of pleats – voluminous box pleats that sort-of acts like a control top at the waist, and pools into gorgeous waves at the heels!
- Taylor has super-skinny shoulders and back, and both her Grammys’ outfits served to show off her shoulders and back. While this year’s crop top was stunning, last year’s Elie Saab number featured cut-outs at the back with an interesting shoulder-line that accentuated her slender shoulders and back!
- Heels! Taylor always goes for statement heels with simplistic gowns! Silver strappy ones for this year and striking purplish-pink ones for the previous year’s Grammys!
So, if you have a signature style like Taylor’s, flaunt it now! Shop for the latest late winter-spring edits at Gap and save an incredible 35% on your purchase with Gap online coupons. Simply key in the Gap coupon code LOVE at checkout to redeem the offer.
Hurry, this offer is valid only for two days, February 16 and 17, 2016.