Bohemian or hippie style, now known as boho-chic, is a popular cultural phenomenon that draws inspiration from travelling musicians, dancers and artists of the early 19th century. Originally from France and Romania, these artists travelled all over the globe and left a such deep impact in fashion and arts that, today, almost a century later, their style and their music still live on.
Usually characterized by loose flowing silhouettes, fringed or textured fabrics and crazy, out-of-the-world colors, bohemian style is simply perfect for spring and summer. If you’re wondering how you can pull off this crazy-but-lovable style, read on for some tips and tricks…
- Stick to earthy tones; colors like brown, peach, orange, pink and green are the predominant colors of a bohemian star!
- Choose loose free-flowing outfits; say hello to maxis and midi skirts which are less restrictive as compared to their well-fitting counterparts, the pencil skirts!
- Scarves are a must-have accessory if you’re looking to incorporate the gypsy style in your wardrobe. And, the more colors on your scarf, the merrier!
- Layer-up and use multiple pieces of fabrics or garments to cover-up. Mix up non-traditional pieces like a maxi skirt with a loose-fitted printed tunic top and a chiffon scarf or pair of ill-fitting high-waisted boyfriend jeans with a slouchy crop top and a fringe-accented cardigan.
- If you want an authentic bohemian look, you need to have the right accessories; opt for beads in unlikely shapes and sizes and go with long earrings, preferably made out of feathers or beads.
- As for footwear, go with leather and use ballet flats or flip-flops with straps for a bonafide boho-chic look!
Discover your inner boho-chic with incredible outfits and accessories from Gap. Shop before March 24, 2015 and save $45 on your purchase of $100 or more with Gap online coupons. To avail this offer, simply key in the Gap coupon code HURRY at checkout!
Have fun shopping!